This Skipcart Delivery, LLC Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the practices of Skipcart Delivery, LLC (“Skipcart,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) with respect to your Personal Information (as defined below). This Notice applies to Personal Information we obtain through our website, emails, messaging, social media pages we control, and other interactions with you when you apply to become a driver for Skipcart or interact with Skipcart as a representative of your company. Note: Skipcart only conducts business in the United States.
“Personal Information” means information that reasonably identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
When you provide information, including your Personal Information, as part of the driver recruitment process, as a representative of your company, or when otherwise engaging with Skipcart, you are consenting to the collection, use, transfer, disclosure, and processing of your Personal Information as detailed in this Notice, as may be amended.
As part of engagement with Skipcart, either from applying to be a driver, or in furtherance of a business relationship on behalf of your company, Skipcart may collect certain information from and about you. Some of this information may be considered Personal Information.
1. Personal Information Skipcart collects and processes may include (dependent on how you’re engaging with Skipcart):
a. Identifiers, such as: name, postal and email address, and contact details; unique identification numbers; internet protocol addresses; account name(s) or handle(s); social security, driver’s license, or other government-issued ID number(s); geolocation (while driving for us); and usernames and passwords.
b. Personal Information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), such as: identifiers described in Section 1(a) above; date of birth; gender; marital status; signature(s); and bank account information or other financial information.
c. Professional or employment-related and education information, such as:
· Talent management information, such as data contained in resumes or other correspondence submitted with your application; information related to your qualifications, education, experience, and employment history; information in background and/or credit screenings; existence of any disability or other grounds for which Skipcart needs to make reasonable accommodations, and authorization to work information; language capabilities; start date; region/location; and information collected for verifying your right to work.
· Compensation, benefits, and pay information, such as current and expected pay rate; work time; and other benefits information.
· Any other information, such as information that Skipcart collects in connection with complying with or acting pursuant to Skipcart policies, or other reporting requirements, law, governmental requests (including law enforcement requests), or prudent business practices.
d. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information collected as part of your interaction with Skipcart’s IT systems; electronic content produced, received, stored or transmitted by you or others using Skipcart IT systems (including emails, chats, phone calls, voicemails, and other electronic communications); and information relating to your accounts on Skipcart IT systems, websites, or apps (including accounts, profiles, rights and privileges, activity, preferences, or other such information).
e. Characteristics of protected classifications that Skipcart may collect as permitted or as required by law.
2. Personal Information may be collected from various sources, including:
· From you directly, including from your use of, or interaction with, Skipcart’s IT systems.
· From third parties, including service providers, vendors, suppliers, and other business partners, such as identity verification services, credit bureaus and publicly available sources. Skipcart may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as the references you supply.
3. Information Usage:
Skipcart collects and uses your information for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including but not limited to:
· Processing your application when applying to drive for Skipcart.
· Performing day-to-day business activities and providing services.
· To carry out business operations and understand or improve business operations.
· Providing IT networks and systems in connection with our services.
· Ensuring security and integrity, including monitoring and protecting the security and use of IT systems, networks, communications, systems, offices and facilities, property, infrastructure, and any person; detecting security incidents; protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; prosecuting those responsible for that activity; and debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality and ensuring business continuity.
· Communicating with you.
· Carrying out Skipcart obligations and exercising specific rights in relation to engagement.
· Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
· Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
Skipcart may also collect, use, process, and disclose Personal Information to comply with Skipcart’s legal obligations or Skipcart policies; to establish, exercise, assert, or defend against legal claims; to respond to inquiries from you or others made on your behalf; to respond to requests from governmental authorities, such as courts or law enforcement agencies; or for any other purposes listed in this Notice. We do not (i) sell Personal Information or (ii) process Personal Information for targeted advertising or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects under applicable law. We thus do not respond to universal opt-out mechanisms.
4. Information Disclosures:
Skipcart may disclose all or substantially all categories of your Personal Information for any purpose that is contemplated in this Notice. Generally, Personal Information may be disclosed to the following categories of recipients:
· Skipcart group entities and current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control or ownership;
· Vendors, consultants, and other service providers who help with our business operations, including recruitment, payment processing, email distribution, statistics and research, and legal and compliance services;
· Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or third parties to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and/or Skipcart policies, to respond to a subpoena, or otherwise pursuant to legal process or in response to a request or inquiry from a governmental authority. Skipcart may also disclose your Personal Information to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety, health, or well-being of any person, our workplace, or the general public;
· Other entities in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
· Any other entities with your consent or at your direction.
5. Skipcart may process and store information (including Personal Information) in the U.S. and other countries outside of your country of residence. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
6. Notice of Monitoring of Skipcart Systems: You may be provided with access to information technology systems, networks, and/or applications owned or operated by Skipcart (the “Systems”). The Systems are the sole and exclusive property of Skipcart or its licensors, and Skipcart may monitor, record, and/or examine your use of these Systems, including activities you conduct while using the Systems. Accordingly, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy in connection with your use of the Systems. You should structure electronic communications that are made using the Systems, including emails, phone calls, and chats, in recognition of the fact Skipcart will from time to time examine the content of such communications. This includes emails, voicemails, and any other electronic communications sent, received, transmitted, or stored through the Systems.
7. Additional information:
You are expected to review all applicable privacy policies of the organizations that may collect, use, or otherwise process your Personal Information in relation to your interaction with Skipcart.
Any questions, inquiries, comments or concerns about this notice or regarding Personal Information under applicable privacy laws should be directed to the Driver Support Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Notice may be updated as deemed necessary by Skipcart. Skipcart will post the updated version of the Notice on this webpage. You are encouraged to check this Notice regularly to be aware of any updates or changes.
Skipcart implements reasonable security measures, procedures, and practices in an effort to protect your Personal Information in our possession. But note, given the inherently open nature of the Internet, Skipcart cannot guarantee that information transmitted between you and us will always remain secure. We may also require you to assist us to safeguard your Personal Information. For instance, if you create an account with our services, you should use unique and strong passwords, not share your passwords with others, and take any other measures we may require under the terms & conditions applicable to the service you use. In addition, to the extent we provide your Personal Information to any third parties, we will request that they use reasonable security measures to protect your information in accordance with applicable law.
9. Do Not Track:
Some newer web browsers may have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
10. Your Privacy Rights:
Under applicable law, you may have the following rights, in each case under the conditions and to the extent set out in applicable law:
· A right to confirm whether Skipcart processes Personal Information about you and to request access to such Personal Information.
· A right to request that Skipcart delete Personal Information about you;
· A right to request that Skipcart correct inaccurate Personal Information about you;
You may request to exercise these rights by:
· Emailing us at: email@example.com; or
· Calling us at: 419-495-5525
We may not fulfill your request unless you provide sufficient information for us to appropriately verify you and your request. If we believe we need further information to verify your request, or the Personal Information to which your request relates, we may ask you to provide additional information or documentation. Skipcart processes verified requests within the time period provided by law, subject to any exemptions or limitations provided for under applicable law.
(Addendum for California Residents)
This Addendum for California residents (the “Addendum”) applies to individuals who reside in California. The Addendum supplements the Notice. In the event of any conflict between this Addendum and the Notice, this Addendum controls in respect of California residents.
1. Personal Information We Collect
The Personal Information Skipcart collects about you may include the following categories of sensitive Personal Information: Government-issued ID numbers listed above, such as social security number and driver’s license number; usernames and passwords; and financial account information with security or access code allowing access to the account.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
In the twelve months prior to the “Effective” date of the Notice, we have disclosed all or substantially all the categories of Personal Information listed in the Notice and this Addendum for our business purposes described in Section 3 of the Notice to the categories of recipients described in Section 4 of the Notice.
We do not “sell” or “share,” and have not in the twelve months prior to the “Effective” date of the Notice “sold” or “shared,” your Personal Information as defined under California law, including anyone under 16 years of age. As we do not “sell” or “share” your Personal Information, we do not process opt-out preference signals.
We may use and disclose sensitive Personal Information only for the following purposes:
· To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services;
· To prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of stored or transmitted Personal Information;
· To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at us and to prosecute those responsible for those actions;
· To ensure the physical safety of natural persons;
· For short-term, transient use, provided that sensitive Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with us;
· To receive services from our service providers; and
· To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product, service, or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
3. Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information for the length of time needed to carry out the purposes outlined in this Notice, and to adhere to applicable law and our records management and retention policies.
4. California Privacy Rights
California residents may have the following rights, to the extent permitted by applicable law:
· A right to know the categories of Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information, that Skipcart has collected about you.
· A right to request that Skipcart delete Personal Information it has collected from you;
· A right to request that Skipcart correct inaccurate Personal Information about you;
· A right to not be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising any of the foregoing rights.
California residents may request to exercise these rights by:
· firstname.lastname@example.org or
· Calling us at: 419-495-5525
We may not fulfill your request unless you provide sufficient information for us to appropriately verify you and your request, such as your postal code or phone number. If we believe we need further information to verify your request, or the Personal Information to which your request relates, we may ask you to provide additional information or documentation. Skipcart processes verified requests within the time period provided by law, subject to any exemptions or limitations provided for under applicable law.
Authorized agents of California residents who meet the requirements of applicable law may make the foregoing requests on behalf of the California resident. Even if you choose to use an agent, as permitted by law, to submit a request, we may require verification of the agent’s written authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent in writing to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
This Policy is effective February 21, 2024.